Database Infrastructure Architect/Principal Engineer
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Category:||Technology - Infrastructure Engineering|
|Location:||US - California - San Francisco (HQ)|
|SF-Y:||Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.|
Database Infrastructure Architect/Principal Engineer|
Are you a engineering leader who worked as an architect or an architect that has managed technology transformations? Are you passionate about scale and building uniform infrastructure as software and interested in working on one of the largest database infrastructures on the planet? Are you passionate about driving product quality, software layers and uniformity, and reliability through development ? Do you grock PAAS,IAAS and take it to the next level of scale and uniformity ? We want to hear from you !
We are expanding our team to take our world class database infrastructure as service to the next level with enhanced software control, more flexible elastic capacity deployments and controls, and the tools to take us further but also to a smarter, more nuanced infrastructure. You will work defining the architecture and implementation software layers and own its implementation, design and work with engineers to drive it forward. Your work will impact multiple teams and the ease of use over time so we can build an intelligent infrastructure.
We are looking for an exceptional technical leader that can think through complex problems from many angles and constantly challenge the development team through identifying the right way to design, implement and build for the future.
As very senior member of the team you will have a hand in defining the technology that runs salesforce.com. You will join a team of world class, highly motivated engineers and database experts to deliver a high quality software architecture that will help solve the challenges at scale that our customers trust us to get right, the first time.
• Design, architect and manage infrastructure frameworks focused on the database tier and its related componentry on releases, builds, capacity add, space reclamation, automation and deployment
• Interface with other teams at salesforce looking for opportunities to share and build common libraries for re-use for infrastructure
• Work with operations and ensure the software stack you've designed runs and can self corrects where possible
• Keep up with current technologies leveraging Docker, Puppet or other deployment techniques
• Investigate production security problems, perform root-cause analysis and create detailed, high-quality reports on remediation strategies
• Work closely with software Engineering and Technical Operations to test and deploy infrastructure enhancements
• Be a quick learner, able to resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system security and performance.
• BS or higher degree in Computer Science (OR equivalent experience)
• 12+ years software development experience, including API design and significant contributions to code running in high availability production environments.
• Strong knowledge of long-term software life-cycle, and experiencing mentoring new software engineers on best practices.
• Experience with implementing and supporting high-availability database solutions, architectures and infrastructure in the cloud. Oracle RAC, SQL and PL/SQL knowledge is a plus.
• 3-5 years experience working with Docker, Puppet, Chef or similar technologies
• Innovator with good ideas, strong problem solving abilities, and a results oriented attitude
• Strong Knowledge of unix fundamentals
• Prior experience with Graphite or Splunk, Kafka or logstash a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication