Database Engineer (Oracle Apps)
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Location:||India - Hyderabad|
Senior IT Database Engineer (Oracle Apps): As a Database Engineer at Salesforce IT, you will be part of a dynamic global team delivering and supporting technology infrastructure to meet the growth needs of the business. You will be involved in database projects that will optimize current services as well as work on building next generation cloud infrastructure for the global production environment. You will collaborate with the Engineering and Development teams to ensure the designed service is fully operational with streamlined process and procedures for ongoing support and maintenance.|
Successful candidates will be recognized as technical experts in the Database Administration discipline and will have the ability to articulate and demonstrate both deep and broad knowledge across multiple areas of information technology. We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic technologists who thrive on efficiency by contributing to the development of standards, processes, and automation requirements that lead to operational excellence. To be successful, you have to be an excellent team player and self motivated person who can carry out duties with minimal supervision. As a senior member of the team, you may need to supervise other members of the team and mentor them.
This role will specifically focus on handling Oracle eBusiness Suite (R12) & other large databases within IT. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years work experience as an Oracle DBA and 5+ years as oracle Apps DBA. The candidate must have experience with Oracle RAC 11g/12c, Data Guard, RMAN and Oracle Utilities in UNIX environments. Additionally the candidate must have experience with configuration, sizing and space management, complex SQL tuning, diagnostics, and proficient with the use of Oracle's Enterprise Manager tool, must have experience opening, managing, and resolving Oracle TAR's. Any additional experience with non Oracle Database technologies like MS SQL Server, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL, middleware/application servers is a big plus.
• Must have 8+years of experience with core Oracle DBA functions
• Must have 5+years of experience with Oracle Apps DBA functions with R12
• Must have experience and working knowledge of Oracle RAC 11g/12c and Data Guard in UNIX/Linux environments
• Must be familiar with Middleware technologies, specifically WebLogic
• Good experience with one or more scripting platforms: Shell Scripting, Perl/Python, SQL
• Must have experience of designing and setting up backup, recovery and disaster recovery plan processes and procedures.
• Must be a process and detail-oriented individual.
• Must have experience and ability to interact effectively with resources from the functional and technical tracks on the project team.
• Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be willing to work on-call as part of regular work schedule or when required.
"Good to have" Skills/Experience:
• Experience in handling Exadata machines
• Experience in administration of non Oracle databases (i.e. MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience in Oracle Golden Gate