We are seeking a BI Analyst to join a dynamic team that delivers business intelligence analysis and solutions to our internal customers. In this role you will be working directly with the business to understand their needs, perform analysis, and develop reports and PowerPoint presentations. This role supports the customers for life team.
You must be able to take high level questions, and then design analysis and reporting that meets the business needs. Analysis will need to be done with very little direct guidance or requirements by delivering a version, then getting feedback and improving iteratively. You will need to pull data from multiple systems to produce the analysis requested. A critical component of this job is the ability to analyze a set of data and prepare presentations for senior management to use to manage the business. You must be able to illustrate complex analysis in a concise and simple fashion using charts and graphs.
- Proactively work with business partners to ensure their data needs are being met.
- Guide business and establish reporting and KPI review cadence. Take high level goals of business and define metrics and presentations that track progress and identify areas of improvement.
- Understand the needs of the business and design reports, analysis and presentations to help them manage their business.
- Work with business to conduct ad hoc queries and analysis.
- Assist in the management of end user testing and acceptance as well as customer support in providing post-implementation support and maintenance.
- Provide knowledge transfer to other team members on core reporting functionality.
- Leverage industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure adherence to corporate data security requirements for the storage, transportation and retention of data.
- Experience with time series and other statistical techniques
- Must be able to explain results and what factors drove the results in a report.
- Become the data expert on the specified subject areas and be able to present analysis and findings using PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of performing analysis, identifying and meeting business needs with very little guidance and input from the business.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills with a deep understand of graphs
- Proficient experience as a BI Analyst role
- Experience using Excel and PowerPoint to create analysis and reporting for senior management.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM reporting and analytics
- Prior experience with Business Objects, Tableau, Cognos
- Ability to understand technical landscape.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and flexibility to take on multiple projects with demanding timelines.
- Proficient in SQL and reporting tools.
- Experience with customer support, consulting, or other customer-facing business role
- Proven track record of developing graphical presentations that illustrate data in an easy to understand way.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an understanding of finance and statistical data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Independently lead efforts to provide targeted data solutions to a variety of business groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- Extremely adept at integrating disparate information, correlating data, and understanding data trends.
- Deep experience with data quality assessment and implementing solutions to improve the data quality.
- Must be able to proactively communicate status and identify risks.
- Experience designing BI solutions for sales and finance data.
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and priorities. Familiarity with agile development methodology.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive with minimal supervision.
- Must be results oriented and able to move forward without complete information.
- Experience performing data analysis for any of the following business areas: sales and finance infrastructure
- Experience with other reporting/analytical applications (esp. Business Objects)