Position: ISV Business Systems and Operations Analyst|
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Business Systems and Operations Analyst to enhance and support mission critical business systems within the AppExchange and ISV organization.
The ISV Business Systems and Operations Analyst is responsible for identifying, documenting, and communicating system and process changes needed to effectively scale and grow the ISV Business. The Analyst interacts with all levels of the organization to understand issues, evaluate solutions, define scope, and capture detailed requirements to facilitate the delivery of new capabilities designed to parallel business strategies. This role supports ISV Business Operations work like Account and Territory management, data migration and creating reports and dashboards as needed. The ideal candidate is business oriented and passionate about solving problems and providing effective solutions for the customer. Creativity, strong problem solving, business process engineering, planning, time management, and strong reporting and data analysis skills are required. A passion to leverage data that will help in prioritizing business requests is highly desirable. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
- Responsible for eliciting, understanding and documenting detailed, complete and accurate business and functional requirements
- Key contributor to the research and resolution of production issues, break/fixes and minor enhancements for assigned projects.
- Drive all project related meetings including project kick-off, high level design, requirements gathering, workshop, and status update sessions to ensure successful, on time releases.
- Obtain requirements approval from all relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to: ISV team leadership, project manager, project sponsor, subject matter expert(s),business owner(s), and anyone else identified as an approver for the project or change.
- Coordinate and facilitate requirements handoffs to development, quality assurance and business user teams, enabling these teams' continuation of the SDLC process.
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely updates on current activities to all stakeholders.
- Support quality assurance and business user teams in testing (UAT) system changes either as part of a project or in support of other non-project work including production issues, break/fixes, minor and major enhancements.
- Responsible for documenting system changes needed as a result of bugs, design flaws, missing requirements or other root causes in the form of change request documents in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in certain systems, processes and functions of the ISV organization and applies the subject matter expertise to solve issues impacting business partner performance on various work types.
- Provide support and direction to business partners in IT and R&D to assist in developing functional knowledge in areas of expertise.
- Champion ISV operational excellence, working across business groups to identify, categorize, and prioritize process and system enhancements.
- Responsible for Operational work like data migration between different Salesforce Orgs for different projects.
- Partner with ISV Sales Strategy, ISV Sales, and ISV Programs to manage ongoing territory and tier alignment, and assist with annual recarving.
- Create reports/dashboards as needed for business needs.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management of Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience as a systems analyst, or functional/technical consultant
- Data-driven, analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbally and written
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization across all departments
- Strong focus on process, process improvement, and data quality
- Technical skillset to include database design and analysis; reporting and analytics
- Ability to collaborate and form partnerships with business colleagues
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Experience with, or use of, an iterative, agile approach to Software development
- Hands-on experience with business processes across multiple data domains
- Previous experience with Salesforce and related technologies
- Experience working with large, complex data sets