Summer 2017 Intern, Legal Associate
|Category:||University Recruiting - Non Tech|
|Location:||US - California - San Francisco (HQ)|
|SF-Y:||Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.|
Title: Summer 2017 Intern, Legal Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Salesforce legal department, recognized as Department of the Year for "Technology" by the Recorder/ALM, is uniquely technology-driven, fast-paced, and dynamic. As a legal summer intern, you will gain incomparable insight into the legal issues affecting a leading cloud computing company. During the 10-week program, you will be an active member of the legal team and counted on to assist with both complex projects and day-to-day responsibilities. You will be tasked with actual attorney work. Projects you can expect include: participating in negotiations, collaborating with senior counsel on global strategies, evaluating critical legal issues related to contract, privacy, and corporate matters, and helping to develop and enforce the company's intellectual property portfolios.
- First-year law student pursuing a J.D. from an ABA accredited law school (Top 20 law school/Top 10% of class strongly preferred) interested in joining a technology company's legal department after graduating from law school
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communications and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse internal legal and business groups
- A demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects
- Ability to research legal and business issues and learn new concepts quickly
- Positive and professional attitude, including dependability, timeliness, and a penchant for discretion
- Strong familiarity with technical Internet concepts and cloud computing
- Strong interest and/or experience in the high technology industry
- Demonstrated aptitude and passion for learning new things
- Extraordinary sense of humor
Futureforce is for college students or new grads wanting to experience life at Salesforce, one of the World's Most Innovative Companies 5--years--running and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" 8-years-running. Futureforce interns work on live projects, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact that they can show to friends, family, and future employers --if we don't hire them first (and, we hire 80% of our eligible interns)!
They have the chance to collaborate and connect with the Salesforce interns from all over the world. And, like all Salesforce employees, interns also have many possibilities to volunteer, making a lasting impact in the community.
Futureforce offers a collaborative work environment, which fosters innovation, provides flexibility and most importantly is fun!