Architect Software Engineering, Kernel Cloud |
San Francisco, CA
Are you passionate about building database technology that supports staggering growth and innovation? Are you a Java Expert? Do you want to challenge yourself? Then this is the team you should technically lead. This team develops our core internal ORM framework. You will help deliver game changing technologies like extensibility and versioning. We are looking for exceptional developers to take on big challenges, and innovate on our database technology.
Impact you will make:
As a Lead/Principal developer on the core platform team you will have a hand in defining the technology that runs salesforce.com. You will join a team of world class, highly motivated software engineers and database experts to deliver high quality software architecture with the scalability and performance needed to match the staggering growth of our service. You will need deep experience with concurrency and other highly scalable approaches, proficiency with solving real-world data management challenges in large data systems, a strong understanding of how to architect solutions that are highly available, and a proven ability to design, develop, and optimize the core back end framework.
- Design and implement major pieces of the salesforce.com ORM infrastructure such as metadata consistency and versioning, accessibility, and data interfaces.
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate productivity and database techniques to support the development on our core data structures.
- Work closely with Architects and other high profile teams to develop a framework that can fit the future needs of the company and support the trust our customers have in us.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves data availability, resiliency, and performance.
- In-depth internal knowledge of object-relational mapping frameworks like Hibernate, JPA, JDBC, Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL
- 7+ years of strong back end Java development experience
- Strong hands on experience with concurrency models.
- Development experience with PL/SQL, SQL, T-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other database technologies
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem solving abilities , and a results oriented attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic agile team environment
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- Strong understanding of schema design and SQL development
- Experience building a high-performance large-scale database platform
- Experience with agile software development, and short release cycles